The mission of the Pupil Management Department is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to look after the well-being of all Fuchunians.
The department strongly believes that the inculcation of sound values and the building of strong character are of paramount importance to equip pupils with life skills to face future challenges in the globalised world. Through the Values Education Programmes, we aim to develop pupils who are able to internalise and demonstrate the school values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Care and Perseverance.
Values Education in Fuchun
- To inculcate in Fuchunians the school values of Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Care and Perseverance.
- To imbue in pupils such values that will prepare them to meet the challenges of the 21 century.
Fuchun Values Award for selected pupils from P1-P6 (Whole-School)
- As an affirmation of pupils who exhibit the Bi-monthly school value
- To serve as motivation to the rest of student population to emulate their peers
- To provide a platform for pupils to nominate their peers for the award
Fuchun Values Cards for Lower Primary pupils (P1-P3)
- To “catch” pupils doing good/exhibiting school values and reward them as a form of motivation.
- To imbue in the lower primary pupils the school value using extrinsic motivation as it still appeals and has currency with them.
Values Worksheets for Upper Primary Pupils (P4-P6)
- To move away from extrinsic to intrinsic motivation in getting pupils to internalise the values thought and learnt
- To provide a platform for pupils to reflect and pen down their thoughts so as to ascertain if pupils have internalised the school values.
Other platforms to motivate and encourage pupils include the Celebration of Achievement Award. The objective of this award is to recognize and reward pupils who have achieved highest % increase in marks from CA to SA for each core subject per level, viz. English, Mathematics, Science, Mother Tongue and Higher Mother Tongue. 3 types of badges are given out for every core subject per level in recognition of the 3 levels of achievement.
In addition to the above, the school also believes in the need to equip pupils with life-skills. One such programme is the Home skills Programme.
This programme comprises lessons on basic cooking and sewing skills. The lessons are based on the home skills needs of our pupils from P1 to P6 coming from different family backgrounds. Through this programme, pupils learn to be independent and self-reliant. The school enlists the help of parent volunteers to collaborate with the teachers in designing and conducting these lessons.