Home > About Us > Our Rules & Regulations
Our Rules & Regulations
General Information for Parents
- Monitoring your Child's HealthCheck if your child/ward is well before he/she leaves for school every day. If they show symptoms of being unwell, please take him/her to the doctor and allow him/her to rest at home for the full duration indicated on the Medical Certificate (MC). Ensure that your child/ward recovers fully before returning to school.
- Absence from SchoolIf a student is absent from school, he/she must provide a medical certificate or letter signed by parents explaining the reason for his/her absence from school.Parents are strongly discouraged to take their children out of school for non-essential travels or family functions during the school term. This is to allow students to inculcate the habit of commitment and diligence and understand the importance of being present in school during term time.
- Student’s Absence on Assessment/Examination DaysIf a student has a fever or looks visibly unwell, he/she will not be allowed to sit for examinations / assessments. Parents will be contacted to take him/her home. Students should practice social responsibility and stay away from crowds when they are unwell to prevent the spread of diseases or illnesses.If a student is absent for any examination / assessment, he/she must produce a valid medical certificate or other valid documents upon return to school. TCM medical certificates and parents’ letters are not valid for such examinations and assessments. Students will be given a zero mark if no medical certificates or valid documents are provided for his/her absence. The school will not conduct a make-up for Written examinations/assessments.
- Early DepartureStudents are not allowed to leave the school during school hours unless parents/guardians come personally and obtain permission. If parents are picking up their child/ward who is unwell or needs to leave school before dismissal time they are required to fill in and submit the Early Departure Form at the General Office. This will ensure safety of the child and that he/she leaves with his/her parent or an authorised adult.For any planned early dismissal, advance notice must be given either by phone or written note to the respective Form or Co-Form Teachers.
- Visits to the SchoolAll parents or guardians are to obtain a Visitors’ Pass from the security guards at the main gate before they proceed to the General Office for assistance. Parents / Guardians are not allowed in any other locations within the school premises without permission.If parents would like to speak with the Form/Co-Form/Subject teachers, prior appointment must be made at least 1 day ahead. This is to ensure an uninterrupted and fruitful discussion. Parents can also contact the teachers via phone or email.Students are encouraged to act responsibly by taking ownership in packing their bags every day and bringing the required books/materials to school. Parents/domestic helpers are discouraged from delivering any omitted items to our students during school hours.
- School CanteenParents and other visitors are not allowed to patronise the school canteen stalls. This is to ensure that the food prepared by the canteen vendors is sufficient for staff and students.
- Road SafetyParents who are driving into the school compound to drop their child/ward must abide by the school safety rules. Do co-operate with the traffic marshals to ensure an overall safe and smooth traffic flow. Please drop your child/ward only at the designated drop-off points.Do not sound the horn within the school compound.Teach your child how to alight from the car as quickly as possible so as not to hold up the flow of traffic into the school.If you and your child are cycling to school, please dismount at the school gate to avoid hitting pedestrians who are walking through the gates. Students who need to park their bicycles in school must seek permission from HOD Student Management.For the safety of our staff and students, the school reserves the right to stop any errant drivers from entering the school premises.
- Facilitating Birthday Celebrations and/or Distribution of gifts to studentsThe school is unable to accede to requests from parents to assist in facilitating parties or distributing gifts to celebrate your children’s birthdays. While the school understands that the occasion is special to children, the school would like to seek parents’ understanding in not bringing food or gifts for their children’s classmates. This is for us to be careful about the students’ dietary needs and food tolerance as well as to care for the emotional well-being of students who are unable to have the opportunity of distributing gifts to their school/class mates. The school seeks the parents’ understanding and cooperation on this matter.
General Expectations for Students
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful to all the staff, visitors and their peers at all times.
- Students must show pride and uphold the good name of the school by ensuring that they are at their best behaviour in school or in public.
- Students must not loiter in public places in their school uniform and should return home straight if they have no activities after school.
- As a form of respect, students are to stand up to greet the teacher when he/she enters the room, and thank him/her when he/she has completed the lesson and leaves the room.
- Movement from classroom to classroom or special rooms and along the corridors must be carried out in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Students must be attentive while lessons are being conducted.
- Students are responsible for the cleanliness of their respective classrooms and school at all times. Litter should be disposed of in the receptacles provided.
- Students must queue up when buying food or drinks in the canteen or stationery at the bookshop.
- Students are not allowed to bring any items or materials that will disrupt their learning process or contain any inappropriate content to school. Should any of these items/materials be found in a student’s possession, the school reserves the rights to confiscate them and will only be returned to the student’s parents/guardians.
- Students are not allowed to be in any rooms or the school hall unaccompanied by a teacher.
Punctuality and Attendance
- Punctuality is a habit that must be instilled from young. Students must be punctual for school and for all school-related activities. Students should assemble at the respective assembly areas before 7.30 a.m. Flag raising will be conducted at 7.30 a.m. sharp. Any student who arrives later than that will be considered late.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school compound during curriculum hours without permission. This includes those who are attending after-school activities in the afternoon (e.g. CCA, Remedial, Supplementary, RRP, SDR). They are not allowed to leave the school premises for lunch unless permission has been sought from the teachers.
- All students must participate in the flag-raising and pledge taking ceremony at the start of the day. Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the National Pledge. Students will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Students must attend every sessionof the CCA they have been assigned to. Valid reason(s) must be given for their absence from CCA.
School Attire & Appearance
There must be uniformity in appearance when students come to school. Please refer to the photos to see how the school uniform and PE attire should be worn.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform for all school activities. Modification to the uniform or PE attire is not allowed.
- Name tags must be sewn onto students’ uniforms and PE T-shirts.
- Only prescribed school PE T-shirts and shorts are allowed during PE lessons and official sports activities.
- All P1 to P4 students are allowed to be in their PE attire throughout the day only on the days they have PE lessons.
- All P5 and P6 students are to change into their school uniform during recess after their PE lessons. If their PE lessons take place after their recess, they are to come in their school uniform and change into their PE attire during recess.
- Coloured track shoes are only allowed for official sports activities.
- All students are not allowed to wear jewellery, cosmetics, and accessories e.g. beads around the wrist, coloured strings and bangles.
- Spectacles worn by students should not become an outstanding feature on their faces. As such the spectacles worn should not be outlandish in color, design or size. Coloured contact lens are not allowed.
Safety in School
- Students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon or weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others. Action will be taken against students who possess these weapons.
- Unauthorized electronic, communication, entertainment or gaming devices capable of capturing, storing, displaying and/or transmitting visual, audio or verbal information are not allowed in the school compound regardless of the time of the day. Examples of prohibited items include mobile phones, cameras, tablets and smart wrist watches. The school will not be held responsible for the loss of students’ electronic devices. Unauthorized use of electronic devices will be confiscated and will only be returned to the student’s parent/guardian.
- Students are not allowed to bring mobile phones to school. If students need to bring their mobile phones due to valid reasons, parents must seek permission from the Form /Co-Form Teacher. The phone must be switched off in school and can only be used after dismissal. The student must be responsible in taking care of his own belongings.
- If a teacher has authorised the use of electronic devices for educational purposes, students must use them responsibly and in compliance with the school’s anti-bullying and anti-cyberbullying policies. Students must not photograph, video or record students or staff members without permission.
- The school has zero tolerance for bullying. Bullying includes physical, psychological and cyber bullying. The school will mediate and counsel students involved in bullying. The school will take serious action against students who repeatedly hurt others despite counselling, mediation and warning.
- Students are expected to comply with all safety guidelines.